Update!
It's been a while since I've posted; I attribute this to the extreme business of the season I'm in right now, with finishing up student teaching, graduating, and finishing raising support for South Africa, not to mention trying to nail down a job and a place to live for next year. Here's a quick update on my life:
- On May 4, I graduted from UNCG, Magna Cum Laude, with a Bachelor of Science degree in both Elementary Education and Special Education. Yay!
- I've applied for teaching jobs in and around Union County (Monroe area, close to Charlotte). My hope is to move in with my good friend, Brieanna Porter (visit her blog here), the girl who has been discipling me over the past three years. Brieanna is going on staff with Campus Outreach at Wingate University and I would be serving as a "tentmaker" alongside her (working full-time and doing college ministry part-time). Please pray for the Lord's provision in the following areas: for Brie's support team to be completed over the summer so that she can begin doing ministry on campus in the fall, a job for me, and a place for us to live (hopefully near the campus).
- The Lord has been exceedingly gracious to our team in raising support and preparing to go to South Africa. First of all, I love these brothers and sisters so much and it has been so wonderful getting to share in each other's joys and hardships so far. I am thankful that the Lord hand-picked each of us for this team and that we have bonded so closely already. Furthermore, our financial goal was $6,000 each, and with 18 students on our team, that meant a cumulative goal of over $100,000. Just in the last month, our team has received over $42,000! We now need only $10,000 more to reach our support goal! Please pray along with us that when we step onto the plane in just 9 days, we will be fully funded! But more than dollar signs, each person on our team has truly been blessed by the ministry of support raising. We love getting to partner with people in this ministry. A personal example is a yard sale that I will be holding this Saturday (May 12). The idea for a yard sale came from a lady at my mom's work. I contacted friends and family and asked for donations and I received so much more stuff than I ever thought I would (seriously, the stuff has overtaken my bedroom and the entire back of my mom's Suburban). One lady that I met through the children's ministry at Christ Church Greensboro literally filled up the back of my Jeep with things she had collected not only from her own house, but also from her mother and neighbors. Prayers for the yard sale are much appreciated and if you are in the Garner area, stop by on Saturday! Lastly, here is a picture of our family:
Did I mention that we leave for South Africa in 9 days? That is crazy! But that being said, this will probably be the last time I update this blog before leaving! I will be updating occassionally from SA; we will have internet access about once a week. As always, thank you for your prayers and support!

Comments
Post a Comment